2012 Kentucky Wildcats Football Preview
2011 SEC Record: 2-6 (5th SEC East) – Overall 5-7
Returning starters: 3 offense, 5 defense, 1 special teams
The Good: Well, they beat Tennessee for the first time in 26 years, and that was done without a true QB running the offense. Other than that, the ‘Cats don’t have much to be happy about going into this season. The other good thing for Kentucky fans is basketball season comes very quickly after football season begins.
The Bad: Where do we begin? The offense returns only three starters from last year and five on defense. Then again, when you are the third worst team in the conference in 2011 (Hello Ole Miss and Tennessee) maybe that is a good thing. Even the punter, which is a strength of any team that does it so often, was not on campus, according to Head Coach Joker Phillips, so they will have to find one. Whoever it is, he will get a lot of work.
The Ugly: This team. Is it time UK gave up football and took all the athletic department resources and put it into basketball? Oh wait, they do that already… By the way, the Big Blue only scored 22 touchdowns last season, which was fourth from the bottom in team touchdowns in the nation. Not the SEC, the nation.
The Schedule: It is possible they will pull an Ole Miss (and technically Tennessee) and not win a game in the SEC this year. Look at their schedule and tell me who they are going to beat? Maybe Tennessee again?
What will happen: The ‘Cats will go splat in 2012 and Joke Phillips will be looking for a new job when November comes. Heck, maybe even October.
Bowl Game: Not this year. Or maybe the rest of the decade.
2012 Prediction: 7th in the SEC East.
For a preview of all the teams go to 2012 SEC Football Preview.
More About Kentucky Wildcats Football:
- 2011 Kentucky Wildcats Football Preview
- 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Football
- 2009 Kentucky Wildcats Football
- 2008 Kentucky Wildcats Football
- 2007 Kentucky Football
- Kentucky Wildcats Football History
- Joker Phillips Biography -- (Current Kentucky coach)
- Rich Brooks Biography -- (Former Kentucky coach)
- Best All-Time SEC Football Team -- (1898 Kentucky Football Team is a finalist)
- Best All-Time SEC Football Coach -- (Former Kentucky football coach -- Bear Bryant)
- Bob Gain Biography -- (Best player of Kentucky)
- University of Kentucky Lexington Trip
- SEC Football Predictions
- SEC School Mascots
- Origins of SEC School Colors
- 2011 SEC Football Tickets
- Kentucky Wildcats Apparel
- Kentucky Wildcats Merchandise
- Kentucky Wildcats Tailgate Party Shop
- Kentucky Wildcats Fathead
- Kentucky Wildcats Fan Store
New! Facebook CommentsLeave a comment about this article in the box below and share it with your Facebook friends.
What do you think?
We'd love to hear your comments and/or opinions. If you submit them here, other visitors can read them, rate them and comment on them. An e-mail address is not required.
From 2012 Kentucky Wildcats Football Preview to SEC Football Blog | SEC Sports Blog | SEC Football | SEC Basketball | SEC Basketball Blog | SEC Women's Basketball | SEC Baseball | SEC Track and Field | SEC Swimming and Diving | SEC Tennis | SEC Golf | SEC Gymnastics | SEC Soccer | SEC Softball | SEC Volleyball | Best College Sports Conference | College Football Bowl History | BCS Controversy | SEC vs Big Ten Debate | SEC Sports News | Current SEC Sports News | SEC Sports Pictures and Videos | SEC Sports Fan Forum | College Sports Blogs | College Football Association | SEC Sports Fan Trips | College Sports Gift | Fathead | College Sports Tailgate Party Shop | College Sports Merchandise | College Sports Apparel | SEC Sports Fan Store | SEC Football Tickets |