2011 Arkansas Razorbacks
Nice win over Kansas State in the Cotton Bowl. Look out for the loaded Razorbacks in 2012.
WOW, watch this!
Last Year (2010) - 6-2 (2nd SEC West) ' 10-3 Overall
Starter's Returning Offense: 6
Starter's Returning Defense: 7
Starter's Returning P/K: 2
It will be Hog Heaven if: RB Knile Davis and Greg Childs can give the 'Backs some offensive punch to let new QB Tyler Wilson ease into the roll of departed SEC Gunslinger, Ryan Mallet. This might not be too much of a stretch because head coach Bobby Petrino has a history of turning out some pretty good signal callers.
It will be a pig roast if: Davis reverts back to his 2010 early season form when he didn't make an impact until mid-season, and if Wilson turns out to be a slow learner.
Schedule: The schedule is a good one to get the new QB some game experience, and for an underrated defense to establish itself before a trip to Tuscaloosa at the end of September. As the season unfolds after September, the Razorbacks won't be tested until a November 5th home date against South Carolina, and a tough back-to-back stretch with Mississippi State at home and a finale in Baton Rouge against LSU
Intangibles: Three JV games to open the year might give this team all the confidence they need before a showdown with Bama in Game 4. If they could win in Tuscaloosa'
Coach Scooter's Prediction: 3rd SEC West
- 2011 Albama Crimson Football Preview
- 2011 Auburn Tigers Football Preview
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Preview
- 2011 Georgia Bulldogs Football Preview
- 2011 Kentucky Wildcats Football Preview
- 2011 LSU Tigers Football Preview
- 2011 Mississippi State Bulldogs Football Preview
- 2011 Ole Miss Rebels Football Preview
- 2011 South Carolina Gamecocks Football Preview
- 2011 Tennessee Volunteers Football Preview
- 2011 Vanderbilt Commodores Football Preview
The defense looks great, and since everybody is talking about Alabama's defense, and gets selective amnesia when it comes to Arkansas' defense, that's a sure fire way to get your defenders a little angry, which is exactly what you want before taking the field.
Everyone is talking about losing Ryan Mallett and the dynamic duo of DJ Williams and DeMarcus Love, but Greg Childs, Jarius Wright and Joe Adams are back, and they can make plays. And don't forget Knile David led the SEC in rushing with 1,322 yards, with most of those coming in the second half of the season.
Arkansas has one of the best, if not the best, defensive tackle tandems with D.D. and Byran Jones, Alfred Davis, Lavunce Askew, Zach Stadther and junior college transfer Robert Thomas. If they can stop the run, which is critical in the SEC, they will keep the Hogs in every game.
In the end, this team will need some breaks to get to Atlanta. With an unproven QB and only two returning starters on the offensive line, this team is a year away from contenting in the West. They will be pretty darn good, but being in the same division with Alabama, LSU and Mississippi State, is asking too much, too soon.
More Arkansas Football Pages:
- 2010 Arkansas Razorbacks Football
- 2009 Arkansas Razorbacks Football
- 2008 Arkansas Razorbacks Football
- 2007 Arkansas Razorback Football
- Arkansas Razorbacks Football History
- Bobby Petrino Biography --(current Arkansas head coach)
- Houston Nutt Biography --(former Arkansas head coach)
- Shawn Andrews Biography --(Arkansas lineman)
- SEC Football Predictions -- page provides weekly SEC football predictions
- SEC School Mascots
- Origins of SEC School Colors
- Arkansas Football and Mitch Mustain
- Arkansas Razorbacks Apparel
- Arkansas Razorbacks Merchandise
- Arkansas Razorbacks Tailgate Party Shop
- Arkansas Razorbacks Fathead
- Arkansas Razorbacks Fan Store
- University of Arkansas Fayetteville Trip
- 2011 SEC Football Tickets
What do you think?
We'd love to hear your comments and/or opinions. If you submit them here, other visitors can read them, rate them and comment on them. An e-mail address is not required.
2011 Alabama Crimson Tide Football Preview | 2011 Auburn Tigers Football Preview | 2011 Florida Gators Football Preview | 2011 Georgia Bulldogs Football Preview | 2011 Kentucky Wildcats Football Preview | 2011 LSU Tigers Football Preview | 2011 Mississippi State Bulldogs Football Preview | 2011 Ole Miss Rebels Football Preview | 2011 South Carolina Gamecocks Football Preview | 2011 Tennessee Volunteers Football Preview | 2011 Vanderbilt Commodores Football Preview |
From 2011 Arkansas Razorbacks Preview to SEC Football Blog | SEC Sports Blog | SEC Football | SEC Basketball | SEC Basketball Blog | SEC Women's Basketball | SEC Baseball | SEC Track and Field | SEC Swimming and Diving | SEC Tennis | SEC Golf | SEC Gymnastics | SEC Soccer | SEC Softball | SEC Volleyball | Best College Sports Conference | College Football Bowl History | BCS Controversy | SEC vs Big Ten Debate | SEC Sports News | Current SEC Sports News | SEC Sports Pictures and Videos | SEC Sports Fan Forum | College Sports Blogs | College Football Association | SEC Sports Fan Trips | College Sports Gift | Fathead | College Sports Tailgate Party Shop | College Sports Merchandise | College Sports Apparel | SEC Sports Fan Store | SEC Football Tickets |